If the size you want is not showing, we are probably out of stock. Email or call us on 0800 122 682 to find out when they will be here or to place a backorder.
You asked, and we answered. Customers in warmer climates have asked for a lighter weight version of the 12oz Supershort – and here it is! Made from the same 8oz C-Canvas fabric as the Lite Supertrousers the Lite Supershorts give all the rugged good looks of the standard Supershorts, but with a slightly lighter weight – perfect for those more tropical climates – or simply for people who prefer a lighter weight short.
Still super durable and super breathable – these puppies will outlast the summer sun for sure.
- Proofed 8oz C-Canvas – all the wayfrom the land of edam and windmills
- Bar-tacked at all stress points YKK zip for years of trouble free fly action
- Keep your digital companion safe with a dedicated phone pocket
- We can custom hem to what ever length you like (for an extra $20) - just add 'Hem Shorter' to your cart
- Construction backed by a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 500grams (Medium)
- Fabric: Proofed European 8oz C-Canvas
- Use mild detergent or pure soap (preferably one that's nice to the earth)
- Our canvas has a water resistant coating which can shift and discolour through the initial break in period
- For best results handwash until the garment is broken in machine washing is fine after this
- Washing inside out will minimise lighter coloured creases on the outside of the fabric, but won’t remove stains quite as well
- Drip dry without creases (it won't take long as the polyester in the fabric doesn't hold much water)
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer)
- If a nasty accident at the office leaves your shorts the worse for wear, once you are out of hospital, send them back and we’ll fix them up for a small fee
- If you are still not sure, give us a call or flick us an email
- Custom leg lengths are available
- If you would like your Supershorts hemmed to be shorter then you need to add Hem Shorter to this order where you can specify the length.
- Please note that custom length shorts and trousers cannot be returned so please choose and measure carefully - call or email us if you are not sure.
- Tough and quick to dryReview by Nate
- I've taken these shorts sailing around New Zealand on tall ships, and across the South Island on Te Araroa (along with months worth of other tramping trips) and I'd say they're nicely worn in a few years on. Sure they aren't as breathable as a pair of running shorts, but if you're kicking it through a solid matagouri bush, navigating the Deception/Mingha, rafting to shore for a beach clean up, or sliding down snow on Stag Saddle on your rear, you want to be confident your shorts are gonna hold up, dry fast, and stay comfy. These tick all the boxes, and when paired with Instagaiters become an unstoppable force in the bush. Even bushlawyer bounces off! Only reason I haven't bought another pair yet is because I won't need to for several more years, as my current pair have plenty of thrashing to go. (Posted on 2/07/16)
- Great for riding, not great for being riddenReview by Brendan
- Riding mountain bikes is hard on shorts, particularly when you fall off as often as I do. In the past few years I've torn the crutch out of several expensive pairs of mountain biking shorts which all had claimed to be durable and purpose made. I have had my cactus shorts for almost a year now, they've probably covered 5,000 kms and they're still going strong, in fact they've improved. The bum area of the shorts feels soft as silk and the scrunchy noise as your legs wobble past each other has all but disappeared... The're moderately water resistant (which is a necessity in Wales) and they look great off the bike in a pair of Jandals... (Posted on 2/07/15)
- Cactus I love you and can't wait to get more gearReview by HarpoonKing
- Got a pair for my 16th. Best pair of shorts I have ever owned! (Custom length) Just worn in now. Hilarious when first bought as they stood up on their own. Had a catch up with a friend that had just completed a 3 week outward bound course, he promptly informed me of his monumentous jealousy towards my shorts, as they are gorse proof. I am now saving my pocket money for some pants or even a Jacket. Cactus I love you and can't wait to get more gear. You may be pricey, but why bother buying a $100 pair of pants that will last you a year when a $200 dollar cactus pair will last you 10. (Posted on 17/10/14)