If the colour or size you want is not showing, we are probably out of stock. Email or call us on 0800 122 682 to find out when they will be here or to place a backorder.
NEW UPDATES: Bigger cellphone pocket (fits an Iphone 7+ and a Galaxy Note S7), and 2 hammer loops.
The Trade Supershorts are a true, fully featured work short for those who's work demands it. We've taken the Trade Supertrousers kept all the best bits and removed everything below the knee. Your essentials are all close at hand with dedicated pockets for a cellphone, ruler, and punches or measuring tape and a reinforced hammer loop that stands out for easy use. The large main pockets at the waist are external so the contents don’t get in the way so much when you crouch down. Those pockets are tough enough for a handful of nails or screws occasionally, but we’ve tried crouching down with screws in our pockets and it isn’t that pleasant. Two full size pockets at the back give you a place for the “can you just pick some stuff up from the supermarket on your way home” shopping list. The belt loops are wide enough to take a full width equipment belt.
Need tool carrying capacity but don’t think people want to see your legs? Our Trade Supertrousers and Trade Plus Supertrousers are for you. Don’t get to use a hammer much at work but love our shorts? Have a look at our Supershorts and the 6oz Light version.
- Super durable and highly wearable European 12oz or 8oz C-Canvas
- Cellphone pocket
- Hammer loop for when it’s hammer time
- Ruler and measure pockets help you only cut once
- Roomy external main pockets for durability and easy access
- Wide belt loops for utility belts
- Construction backed by a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship
- Colours: Antelope or Moss (12oz), and Black (8oz) Grey and Ocean can be made to order
- Weight: 610 grams (Large)
- Fabrics: Proofed 12oz or 8oz C-Canvas
- Use mild detergent or pure soap (preferably one that's nice to the earth)
- Our canvas has a water resistant coating which can shift and discolour through the initial break in period
- For best results handwash until the garment is broken in. Machine washing is fine after this
- Washing inside out will minimise lighter coloured creases on the outside of the fabric, but won’t remove stains quite as well
- Drip dry without creases (it won't take long as the polyester in the fabric doesn't hold much water)
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer)
- If you get attacked by a pig and the fabric gets holed while saving your reproductive potential send it back and we'll patch it for a small fee - that's just one of the benefits of buying NZ made!
- If you are still not sure, give us a call or flick us an email
- TRADE SHORTS >>>The Only Shorts you need EVER!!Review by M.O.R.E.H.U.
- Had these shorts for years now....wear every day 5 days a week, they get convered in concrete most days and even had HydroChloric acid spoilt on them....enopguh pockets to stash hoards of junk and stuff in...my shorts have fended of grinders , drills, all sorts of hand saws.. worn them everywhere....i take them off at the end of the day , hand them on the fence and waterblast...off comes all the days crap....and they look all clean for the next day and the next year...unreal shorts...worth the price...you never .will buy another brand ever.....thanks Cactus Team....how about some in black or Camo.....what do you reckon..... (Posted on 18/11/16)
- Worth every Dollar, and then some!!Review by Jet
After wearing my shorts for almost a year now, I can hand on heart say they are the most hard-waring, versatile and comfortable shorts Ive ever owned to date. I wear them to work daily as a bike mechanic and use them as an over short to ride my mountain bike. After a year of riding around OZ and occasional trip back to NZ, they still look as good as they did when new. minimal fading, no holes in pocket, no stitching failing and after washing still just about stand up on there own. These are an investment for sure, only down side for Cactus is you won't need another.
Great work Cactus i am a true convert.
(Posted on 28/06/15)
- Great gearReview by rooneyb
- Just spent three weeks in Samoa in these shorts ... lived in them!! Hard wearing and stood up to bush bashing and swimming in ocean to cool off ... great gear!! (Posted on 17/10/14)
- Great shorts CactusReview by astefanatos
- Got these shorts a few weeks back. Cycled to work on first day of wearing them, no issue with chafing, 8km cycle. Really nice shorts, all the features are spot on, the phone pocket works well, hammer holder is bomber and all the pockets well sized. I was shocked how tough the fabric is, climbing over starter bars and letting the shorts get a good opportunity to tear , dragging rough sawn oregon and reo bar over the fabric, nothing eventuated no tears no wear, probably only metal fillings from where the fabric cuts into the Reo!!, Ultimate confidence that my manhood is well protected. Great shorts Cactus. (Posted on 17/10/14)
- They aren't just for builders!Review by mheather
- I bought these shorts for doing fieldwork. I've worn them for 2 weeks solid. I love them! They aren't just for builders! These shorts have lots of big pockets for sampling equipment. For the women out there.... it might be worth getting the fit customised. The crotch area is quite big. Awesome product Cactus! (Posted on 17/10/14)
- Another top productReview by kitto
- Overall great shorts! I have tested them over the last two months on sites, at height and in all weather and conditions. Great when I want a break from wearing my Taurus. If I could customize them I would put the hammer loop on the right though and make it a bit tighter as a 20oz Estwing can slip through. I'd also add a small pocket for a builders pencil. For my least favorite part of the test which I usually conduct on a Friday to give me time to recover. I dropped a 210mm makita skillsaw blade through my upper leg. The two layers of canvas slowed the new blade substantially and only left me with blood running into my socks but not tearing too deep into muscles. Great job Cactus. Another top product. Hats off to you. Grant Kitto (Posted on 17/10/14)