Meet the Do-Gooder - don’t let it’s simplicity distract you from it’s complete awesomeness!
Here at the Cactus HQ we get our choice of all the packs and bags we sell, and the one the you’ll see us with more than anything else is the Do-Gooder. It started out as reusable shopping bag that would really go the distance, but once we made a few we quickly realised it had far more potential than that.
You’ll see us bring our lunch and office essentials to work in a Do-Gooder, stuffing the roadtrip “get at them while you’re driving” bit and pieces in one, carrying muddy cycling shoes and helmets around, and loading them with beers and sausages when it’s BBQ time. At the farmers market the Do-Gooder makes the other pseudo-eco plastic bag alternatives look disposable.
We wanted Cactus tough, so 12oz C-Canvas was the obvious choice - it’s so tough we carried Jan in it round the office. Your guess as to how much she weighs, but more than Rob (who back when he was a climber referred to his forearms as “Da Boyz”) could carry in one hand! Cactus durability means it’ll last a really long time, and of course it comes with a lifetime warranty even though we doubt you’ll need it. It’s also easily repairable. Yes, long lasting and repairable - that’s all good stuff for the environment we reckon.
Super durable and washable proofed European 12oz C-Canvas
Deep enough for good carrying capacity
Pre-bent straps that stay on your shoulder
Internal pocket to make sure your phone/wallet/keys aren't always at the bottom
- Construction backed by a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship
Weight: 275 grams
Fabrics: 12oz European C-Canvas
- Measurements: 41cm deep (or high whichever way you see it) x 15cm wide x 34cm long (along the zip)
Our C-Canvas has a water resistant coating applied to it . To make this last as long as possible we recommend that you don’t wash it in a machine
Brush dirt or crusty stuff from the bag once it is dry
Hand wash in cold or warm water using mild detergent or pure soap - preferably one that's nice to the earth
Drip dry without creases
If your veggies do manage to make an escape bid through the bottom of your bag, drop it in to use and we’ll repair it for a small fee
If you are still not sure, give us a call or flick us an email
- Don't think you could break this bagReview by Tom
- I purchased a few of these bags as gifts for Christmas. One for my mother, sister and one for myself. What can I say, another fantastic Cactus product. I have used it for shopping many times and have had several complements about it. It is my go to bag when I need to take items anywhere. As for the mother and sister they love them as well. (Posted on 21/03/17)
- Heavy duty.Review by Ruru
Wow, so much more heavy duty than I imagined.
I use mine as a tool bag.
When the term 'shopping bag for life' was invented this is far beyond what they had in mind. I know this bag will outlive me. (Posted on 1/12/15)
- Simple, like handles on a sackReview by J
- Chuck the kids in and tow them around the farm, lasts so much longer then the neighbors real estate signs. Or throw your poodle in if you're off for a walk down Parnell Road. A dog of many tricks. (Posted on 2/07/15)
- Love yer work CactusReview by andyvanman
- We bought a couple of these after the Cactus crew raved about them to us, and straight away they were being used every day. Perfect as a get everything from the house to the car or baby buggy bag. So useful that we have just ordered a third one! Love yer work Cactus. :-) (Posted on 21/10/14)