If the colour or size you want is not showing, we are probably out of stock. Email or call us on 0800 122 682 to find out when they will be here or to place a backorder.
Supershorts - our original “free standing” shorts. The Supershorts are constructed with our tough polyester/cotton C-Canvas. Not the cheapest material in the world but we’re yet to find a better material – its combination of durability and breathable comfort is what makes these shorts possible.
These will end up being possibly the most comfortable shorts you own - and they’ll stay that way for a long, long time; truly shorts that wear in, not out. If you need proof of the comfort and durability, James chose them for a 18,000km bicycle ride around the globe. We’ve got them framed up on the wall of fame here at Cactus HQ. Think a lighter weight pair might suit you better? Go and visit our 6oz Lightweight Supershorts. Don’t want to inflict your lower legs on innocent bystanders? Try our Supertrousers. Proudly made in NZ.
- Proofed 12oz or 8oz C-Canvas for excellent wear-ability and unrivalled durability
- Perfectly balances on the smart/casual continuum
- When the going gets tough bar-tacked stress points hold it together
- YKK zip – smooth and strong
- Phone pocket
- We can custom hem to what ever length you like (for an extra $20) - just add 'Hem Shorter' to your cart
- Construction backed by a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship
- Colours: Antelope, Moss, Ocean (12oz), Black (8oz)
- Weight: 530grams
- Fabric: Proofed 8oz or 12oz C-Canvas
- Use mild detergent or pure soap (preferably one that's nice to the earth)
- Our canvas has a water resistant coating which can shift and discolour through the initial break in period
- For best results handwash until the garment is broken in. Machine washing is fine after this
- Washing inside out will minimise lighter coloured creases on the outside of the fabric, but won’t remove stains quite as well
- Drip dry without creases (it won't take long as the polyester in the fabric doesn't hold much water)
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer)
- Climbing over that barbed wire fence seemed like a good idea at the time, but you shorts paid the price? Get them back to us and we'll restore their structural integrity for a small fee
- If you are still not sure, give us a call or flick us an email
- Custom leg lengths are available
- If you would like your Supershorts hemmed to be shorter then you need to add Hem Shorter to this order where you can specify the length.
- Please note that custom length shorts and trousers cannot be returned so please choose and measure carefully - call or email us if you are not sure.
- Beyond worn inReview by Barefoot Luke
Visiting my mum a while back she made the comment " Boy, you need some new shorts. Those ones are worn out!"
"But mum" I replied " these are Cactus supershorts, they wear in, not out."
She was right though, as mothers often are, so I had to admit that my much loved super shorts were worn out.
I reckon that wearing out a pair of these super shorts probably entitles me to write a review of their performance. So....
I wore these shorts nearly everyday for about 30 months. They were machine washed about once a month. Rinsed by rain/lake/river water a bit more often (mostly while being worn).
When new they were very stiff and stood up by themselves. I wore them without washing and they were comfortable. I bought a cactus gripper belt to hold em up, my skinny ass not doing a great job of that on its own. As they wore in they became even more comfortable.
At about 8 months old I noticed wear around the back pockets and the stitching began to fail in that area. Pretty soon after the pockets wouldn't hold coins and then got to the point where they would hold nothing at all.
At about 2 years old the stitching around the crotch and inside of right leg began to fail, but only the outer seam. So the fabric didn't actually come apart, just looked like it might.
Around the same time I noticed the fabric wearing thin around the ass, crotch and front of the legs.
6 months later and the ass is worn threadbare with holes $2 coin size. The crotch is also threadbare in a couple of places and the front of the legs where the pockets rub has worn through.
Other than the spots mentioned, the rest of the shorts still in good condition.
These shorts have outlasted every other pair of shorts I've had. I also have 2 pairs of Supertrousers which are of similar age and both still in good condition but worn much less often.
I would recommend these and will be getting another pair.
(Posted on 3/05/16)
- Awesome shorts!Review by Adam
Man these are amazing! My second pair so far. Gotta say that they are the most awesome shorts I have ever owned. 1st pair are 6+ years old and still look new.
Plus the staff are excellent. Best customer service team ever. Fast prompt service and amazingly accommodating. Genuine good bastards!
(you know who Im talking about.....) (Posted on 11/09/15)
- Comfortable & Incredibly ToughReview by Fuzzy
Love my supershorts. ♡
First cactus product... then the 8oz trousers, next the 12oz. Jacket & Patrol on the wishlist.
Wore these all summer and half the winter. Very comfortable and always looking great. Covered in sawdust and dirt - quick wipe over with damp hands and they're looking like they haven't been worn.
Wore them off track the other day - 7 hours of stream & bush bashing, over rocks, through scrub and sliding down bluffs. No damage to the shorts or to me. Quick wash in a bucket and they look like new again.
(Posted on 16/06/15)
- As smart as they are toughReview by Ian Ball
- Firstly, delivery to the UK took a week, and when i opened the package I was taken aback at how stiff the fabric was: six washes later they were still stiff, so I bit the bullet and wore them for a days landscaping, and they haven't been off since! They look as smart as they are tough. (Posted on 17/10/14)
- Awesome productReview by robleslie
- These shorts are tough as. I work in the bush and they haven't been off me for two years and are nicely worn in. I am going to buy some trousers for winter. Awesome product. (Posted on 17/10/14)
- Stylish to bootReview by jasonmorg
- Got a couple of pairs of these shorts a while back, one of the best investments I've ever made, don't think I've been a day without wearing them. Super tough and stylish to boot. (Posted on 17/10/14)
- WowReview by satyrcelphinx
- From old website: Wow, these shorts are awesome, very impressive fabric. I just know people are gonna ask me where I got these, i'll be buying more products from Cactus for sure (Posted on 17/10/14)